Sunday, October 14, 2012

Downtown LA


 Ok, so this was on Friday, but I haven't had the time to post since then. Well, we (my family) all headed down to Downtown LA for a day of shopping and fun. Our first stop was Olvera street, seeing as it was lunchtime and everyone in my family (except me) likes Mexican food. (Or do chips and salsa count as Mexican food? Because I'll eat that. And Carne Asada. Dang it, now I'm hungry.) Anyways, we ended up going to this "world renowned" taquito place. It was pretty cool. I ordered taquitos, even though I don't like them. I was just trying to enjoy an authentic experience! But my sister, Sara, when it was her turn to order, says, "Um..... el hamburger?" ..................oh. my. gosh. Not like we're at a world famous taquitos place, Sara. Even I, for petes sake, ordered Mexican food! (Although I did end up eating half of her hamburger. There's a small chance i'm being hypocritical here :)  ) But really.... only my siter would order hamburgers in a real-deal mexican resturaunt.


 After lunch, we caught the dash to the jewelery district (My first time on a bus!!!!!!!!!!)
That's my sister ther in the white cardi. And buses are very fun. Unless there is hobo pee on the floor. That could ruin it for ya.

We walked around the jewelery district for a while, but it was mainly fancy diamond rings and stuff like that. Nothing for poor people like me. I finally convinced everyone that we should walk over tho the fashion district. It was about three blocks away. We took this picture on out way there.

You likie? Everyone has been wearing plaid button downs recently, so I thought I would try it out. But every time I find one in a store, the price amazes me! Luckily, I scored this one for three dollars at a thrift store in Old town Pasadena. The jeans are from vanilla star, 10$, the boots, charming charlies, 20$, and the bag was from the thrift store, 5$.

While still walking, we passed by this one shop that was completely empty except for a creepy, grinning model in the window. She was so extravagently weird, I just had to snag a picture with her.






When we where just one more block away, my sister anounced that she needed to use the bathroom. So we headed toward a large, nice looking building that looked like a school. There was a sign on the door that said no children under 14 yeas of age. Oops. We where heading in with an eight year old AND an eleven year old. At first I was worried we would be kicked out. But then we got inside and I didn't care anymore. It was  a FASHION SCHOOL. With, like, a penthouse and design studios and runways and a bunch of other stuff. It was so cool!!!!! But they had gross bathrooms. :(
At the fashion district, we found one store (It didnt even have a name) with an italien man standing outside yelling at us to go get our feet done or something. I don't know. His accent was cool, though. Anyways, it was the inside of the store that mattered. They where having a shoe sale. It was a ton of shoes for four dollars each :D. They where good qaulity to, the only reason they where so cheap was because they where the last ones that thhey where trying to get rid of. I was so happy. I bought three pairs for just 13 dollars.




 The green ones are actually pretty high heels, which my mom would normally not let me buy. But, as I am soon turning 14, they where super cute, and the where only 4 dollars, she allowed me to get them. I wore them today. It's gonna take a little practice to walk in heels, but I think I'll be able to get the hang of it.... someday, at least.



It was at a different store that I bought this stuff. The neclace was a dollar (not so confident in it's qaulity) and the scarf was 5 dollars (VERY confident in it's qaulity. The scarf was a great find! Wish I had gotten more.) I actually wore the scarf to a football game and our highschool's haunted house later that night. That was scary. My friends where kind enough to let me be the one who led the way. Needless to say, I got the worst of it. 



Good bye for now, every one! Hope you had a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment